Student Council offers 5th – 8th grade students the opportunity to actively participate in school wide initiatives, lend their hands to community causes, and see democracy in action. While representing Bedminster, these student leaders will gain responsibility, increased pride in their school, and an overall awareness of events at a local and/or global level. Class representatives along with school officers will be held to high academic and citizenship levels. Elections for student council will be in November. More information is included in this packet.
- To provide a channel of communication between the students and the faculty;
- To provide students with a forum for discussing school problems and other matters of student concerns;
- To provide students with experiences in representative government and group processes; and
- To promote school spirit through student involvement in school projects.
HOMEROOM TEACHERS (5-8)
- Schedule time monthly for homeroom representatives to report to students during the homeroom period regarding student council news.
REQUIREMENTS OF STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
Be willing and able to speak and give reports to the class;
Maintain at least a “C” average;
Exhibit exemplary behavior; and
Attend regularly scheduled meetings.