Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Valerie Tonini
Hi! My name is Ms. Valerie Tonini. My teaching experience is specific to English Language Arts (ELA) instruction in general education and special education settings alike. My undergraduate work was completed at the College of Saint Elizabeth where I graduated with degrees in Elementary Education and English. My teaching certifications currently include P-3, K-6, TSWD, Middle School Language Arts/Literacy, and Middle School Social Studies. In May of 2017, I completed my graduate work at my alma mater (CSE) in Educational Leadership. I truly believe learning is an ongoing process in which there is always room for growth and improvement. This is an idea I instill in my students and live every day myself.
As the school year progresses, I’m certain I will get to know each of you quite well. The following are a few facts about me-Ms. T!
- My favorite activities are running, reading, and yoga. I am currently training to run a half marathon this fall.
- My favorite place in the entire world is the beach. This summer, I got engaged at a beach in the Bahamas!
- Ghost & Long Way Down (both by Jason Reynolds) were my favorite summer reads.
- I listen to music constantly and love pop, rock, and a little country! You might even catch me playing classical music in my classroom.
- I am the second child of five--I have two sisters and two brothers!
- During my elementary school years, my family spent two years living in DeLand, Florida.
- My favorite subjects in school were English and Art.
- In middle school, I participated in soccer, cheerleading, track, and cross country. In high school, I continued playing soccer and ran on both the track and cross country teams.