Degrees and Certifications:
I am a mom of two young girls and have been an art teacher since 2003 working in Elizabeth NJ for a K-8 school. My journey in Bedminster started in the 2013/2014 school year and love the positive change. Besides teaching art I also have other passions and have been lucky enough to fullfill them. Twenty years ago I started my mural business where I paint in peoples homes and many businesses. Six years ago I became a published Illustrator and recently got the opportunity to own a skin care business.
I loved teaching but needed a change from my teaching environment. After subbing for the art teacher Mrs. Parry, I was asked to interview for her position when she retired. I am proud to say I was hired as your art teacher in Bedminster as of January 2014. I have loved the warm welcome and the united community here in Bedminster.
Find me on twitter and your students art work: alysonjoyartist
A few famous artists quotes have made my teaching style what it is today and they are:
· Edward Degas:” Art is not what you see, but what you make others see”.
· Salvador Dali “Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it” (just try your best). Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.” another Dali
· Vincent Van Gogh: “I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart.”
· Henri Matisse: “Creativity takes courage.”
· Edward Hopper: “If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.”
· Marc Chagall: If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.”
· Pablo Picasso: “Painting is just another was of keeping a diary”.
And my favorite quote from a nine year old boy” Why have talent if you don’t use it”?