Homework is assigned each night to reinforce concepts and skills learned in the classroom. Homework assignments are carefully designed to prepare students for future lessons and assessments.
Students may have up to 60 minutes of homework. If students are struggling with homework or often spending longer than an hour to complete homework, please contact me immediately. Sending an email or writing a note in the agenda are great ways to communicate with me. Independent reading is included as part of students' nightly homework assignments.
Any student who fails to appropriately complete his or her homework will make up the assignment during recess and/or homework the next night.4th Grade Homework Policy:
- Homework is assigned nightly.
- Homework is to be completed on time. If your child is working for longer than one hour each night, please let me know immediately.
- Homework will be included in the overall marking period grade.
- Any incomplete assignments will be completed during recess and/or for homework the next night.
- Any homework assignment that is more than one day late receives a zero.
- Accurately record homework into agenda
- Ensure that all worksheets and textbooks needed are packed up at the end of the day
- Ask questions about assignments before leaving school
- Ensure that homework is neat and complete each night
- Consult textbooks or the internet before asking for help
- Politely ask a parent or guardian to check homework for completeness
- Select assignments that are appropriately challenging and reinforce the concepts and ideas learned in the classroom
- Explain expectations for assignments
- Provide clear directions
- Allow time for students to accurately copy assignments into agenda
- Check and return homework in a timely fashion
- Help your child find a quiet place to work
- Check over your child's agenda and homework for neatness and completeness
- Review and sign any tests, graded assignments, or notices that require a signature
- Contact us as soon as possible with any problems or concerns