While At Home...
Here are some suggestions of what to do:
- Practice your basic sight words.
- Read every night for 20 minutes!!!
- (Practice reading aloud to someone/think about the characters, setting, problem, and solution)
- Work on reading with expression and at an appropriate rate!
- Ask and answer questions about the key details in the stories you read.
- Describe the characters, settings, and major events in the story you are reading.
- Stop and think about what you're reading. Retell the story to someone. Can you make any connections? Text-to-Text, Text-to-Self, Text-to-World
- Practice writing complete sentences with correct punctuation and capitalization. Try to stretch your sentence out (who,what,where,when).
- Practice core spelling words~ reviewing your words each night will prepare you for our weekly Fundations spelling test!
- Remember proper spacing between your words.
- Try and write a story about a specific topic with sequenced events.
- Try creating a how to book to share with the class. Use temporal words (first, next, then, after that, etc.) to show sequence.
- Practice your basic math skills (addition & subtraction) Use flashcards to help you memorize your facts!
- Practice number patterns.
- Practice telling time. Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.
- Practice reading and writing numbers.
- Compare and order three objects by length.
- Practice identifying and counting money.