Message from Maschio's Food Service
Dear Parents of Bedminster School Students,
Maschio’s Food Services will continue to provide food service to your district this school year. The meal price is $2.85. We hope that while your child is a student here, he/she will find the Food Service Program full of enjoyable and healthy choices to help him/her in learning and growing.
- Each lunch served must include five components: a protein source, bread, a vegetable, a fruit and eight ounces of milk. Choices of entrees are available each day, including both hot and cold selections. There are also vegetable choices, including fresh choices everyday and a variety of fruits and fruit juices to choose from. The milk in your district is offered in several different flavors. While at least five components are offered each day, your child may choose as few as three or as many as five of the foods offered to complete a meal.
- A wide variety of a la carte items are also available for sale including soft pretzels, bagels, juices, fresh baked cookies, chips and water.
- In Bedminster, the district uses the Food Service Solutions (FSS)® POSitiveID System in their cafeteria. This technology allows us to provide debit accounts for purchases and increases the speed of food service to students so they have more time to enjoy their lunch.
- The FSS® POSitiveID System allows you to pay in advance for meals and/or a la carte items. It allows parents to control the type of purchases their children can make in the cafeteria (meals only or a la carte which allows students to purchase all items including meals, extra entrees and snacks). Students still have the option to pay cash on a daily basis. The identification of students is by use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Please emphasize to your child that this number should stay confidential. New students and kindergartens will be issued PIN numbers in a welcome letter to parents. Returning students will use the same PIN numbers already issued.
- We urge you to take full advantage of this system by placing money into your child’s account on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis. You choose the amount you want to deposit. Any money not spent by the end of the school year will be available for your child’s use the following school year. Attached is a form to accompany your deposit so we can identify your child correctly and you can direct how the funds may be used.
- Another great feature of the FSS POSitiveID System allows parents to create an online user account which allows them to monitor their children’s cafeteria purchases, add money to their meal accounts electronically (there is a small fee) and sign up for email alerts when account balances run low. To set up an account, parents will need their child’s student ID number (not PIN) included in the initial FSS welcome letter and must log on to http://www.myschoolaccount.com.
We are proud of the quality Food Service Program we offer in the Bedminster School. If you have any questions about the Food Service Program please call the Food Service Director at (908) 234-2420 or Maschio’s Food Services at (973) 598-0005.